Mid and East Antrim Food and Drink Network
As part the Integrated Economic Development Strategy for Mid and East Antrim, Agri-Food sector is one of the priority sectors which Council is committed to supporting and growing.
Over the forthcoming months, Mid and East Antrim Borough Council wish to establish an industry-led food and drink network as to bring the sector together and coordinating the various food and drink initiatives in existence across the Borough under one umbrella.
The food and drink network will facilitate and encourage:
- The development of a brand/identity for the network in order to collectively promote the sector and area regionally.
- Implement key requirements to bring together local producers, related sectors and the various food and drink initiatives in existence across the Borough.
- Provide growth opportunities to the sector through:
- Networking opportunities,
- Access to regional showcase opportunities at high profile NI food events
- Support the area’s food and drink producers to become an active component in the overall NI regional food and drink offering.
A suite of workshops will be held over the forthcoming months aimed at supporting the Agri-Food sector.
The Importance of Product Development
Wednesday 28 March, 10am to 12noon
Montgomery’s Restaurant, Ballymoney Street, Ballymena
Leading product development expert, Brian McDermott, will discuss the importance of product development and highlight how it can help you grow and develop your business.
Brian McDermott is an award-winning chef and food consultant who has built a national reputation as a chef.
He is one of few Irish chefs to hold a Culinary Arts Degree, and is currently General Manager of the North West Regional College’s Foodovation food development centre – the only one of its kind in the Northern Ireland.
For further details:
T: 028 2563 3190
Showcase your business at the Balmoral Show 2018
This year marks the 150th anniversary of the Balmoral Show - Northern Ireland’s largest agricultural event.
Over 100,000 visitors from across the country are expected to visit this year from 16 to 19 May.
As part of the Mid and East Antrim Food and Drink Network applications are now open for food and drink producers in the borough to exhibit at our stand in the NI Food Pavillion at the Balmoral Show.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 4 April 2018
To find out more about this opportunity:
T: 028 2563 3165