Mid and East Antrim Food and Drink Network
As part the Integrated Economic Development Strategy for Mid and East Antrim, Agri-Food sector is one of the priority sectors which Council is committed to supporting and growing.
Over the forthcoming months, Mid and East Antrim Borough Council wish to establish an industry-led food and drink network as to bring the sector together and coordinating the various food and drink initiatives in existence across the Borough under one umbrella.
The food and drink network will facilitate and encourage:
- The development of a brand/identity for the network in order to collectively promote the sector and area regionally.
- Implement key requirements to bring together local producers, related sectors and the various food and drink initiatives in existence across the Borough.
- Provide growth opportunities to the sector through:
- Networking opportunities,
- Access to regional showcase opportunities at high profile NI food events
- Support the area’s food and drink producers to become an active component in the overall NI regional food and drink offering.
A suite of workshops will be held over the forthcoming months aimed at supporting the Agri-Food sector. The next workshop is scheduled for;
- Tuesday 30 January 10.30am-12.30pm, Ballygally Castle Hotel
The Future of Food – Food Trends & Innovations in the Industry. Keynote Speaker: Renowned Food Writer, Charles Campion (More information in pdf below).
Charles Campion, a MasterChef judge and prominent food writer, restaurant critic and consultant, will be in attendance at the workshop to advise participants on how to achieve faster growth through innovative products, processes and marketing. The workshop will also help participants focus on exploring opportunities for growth in Northern Ireland and especially in external markets such as Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland.
Future workshops have been scheduled for;
- Wednesday 21 February, 10am -12pm in the Tullyglass Hotel
- Wednesday 28 March, 10am-12pm in the Adair Arms Hotel
Details to follow.
For more information contact T: 028 2563 3190 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org