A masterplan for the regeneration of Larne Town Centre was commissioned by Department for Social Development in May 2008 and the final masterplan completed in June 2010 after public consultation.
Vision for Larne
To be a vibrant and prosperous town centre through a co-ordinated and sustainable approach to redevelopment.
The masterplan identifies strategic elements which will contribute to town centre improvements including –
- Urban design to maximise future development opportunities
- Public realm and open space to benefit the commercial core
- Transportation changes to recapture lost markets
- Tourism and Leisure enhancements to retain those markets
- Retail developments to provide high quality shopping outlets
- Residential and business office development to promote vibrancy
- Sustainability to counter global climate changes