Environmental Health is responsible for regulating street trading in the Borough. The Street Trading Act (NI) 2001 places restrictions on where and how people can trade.
Street trading can only take place if the traders have been issued with the appropriate licence from the Council. The three types of licence available and the annual fees for the different licences are:
- Stationary Street Trading Licence
- Mobile Street Trading Licence
- Temporary Street Trading Licence
Before a stationary street trading licence can be issued the council must have decided to designate that particular street for street trading.
All ice-cream vans/mobile shops operating in the Council area should be in possession of a mobile street trading licence. Temporary street trading licences can be issued to allow trading to take place at a particular location for up to 7 days.
New Street Trading Fees
We set our own street trading fees which took effect from 2 June 2015.
The fees for the various street trading fees are set out below:
- Stationary street trading fee - £240
- Mobile street trading fee - £140
- Temporary street trading fee - £100*
- Variation of licence fee - £45
* a further fee of £15 a day will be charged for each additional day traded after the first
The fees are set to cover the full costs of administering and enforcing the street trading licensing process.