Tourism and Hospitality Industry Events
Details of tourism and hospitality industry events that may contribute to the development of the industry in Mid and East Antrim.
Experience Development Masterclass Training Opportunity
Tourism Ireland are investing in a big marketing campaign in September based around supporting the concept of the "Slow Road" and the new for 2019, ‘Fill Your Heart with Ireland’ strapline, so I would encourage those interested in developing experiences to participate in this training and have your 'new' experiences ready to go as soon as possible.
To book a space on this course E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Wednesday 1 May 2019
Time: 9.30am - 1pm
Venue: Galgorm Spa and Golf Resort
Cost: Free of charge (places limited) - light lunch provided
Trainer: Chartered Marketer Christine Watson
Background to course:
The aim of this workshop is to help and inspire you to go forth and create and launch new, memorable, 'money can't buy' experiences that both attract and pleasantly surprise visitors to your business and our borough.
You will learn:
- How to partner together with other businesses to create and develop new collaborative experiences;
- The steps involved in creating and launching new, authentic and memorable, 'money can't buy' experiences;
- Knowledge about the local area, products and services, visitors to the area, your fellow local businesses that are collaborating for success, your competitors and current trends in the visitor economy;
- Ways in which you can promote the destination to complement your product/service attractiveness;
- Techniques to generate and develop innovative ideas;
- The tools you can use to generate useful feedback/intelligence;
- Why determining the 7 P's in your marketing mix (Product/Service, Price, Promotion, Place, People, Processes and Physical Evidence) will increase the likelihood of success; and
- Where your product/service can and should be found.
Participants can expect to:
- Be challenged to collaboratively develop new experiences that will be taken to market to increase visitor spend both within the cluster businesses and within Mid and East Antrim borough as a whole; and
- Be inspired by innovative co-opetition and partnership working that works.
You will need:
- A clear understanding of your current products and services;
- A commitment to work with other organisations and individuals to create new products/services;
- A receptive attitude; and
- Willingness to develop and grow your business.
Hospitality sector invitation to network with activity providers
A speed networking event has been organised at The Adair Arms Hotel in Ballymena from 10am to 12.30pm on Wednesday 8 May 2019. It will aim to increase accommodation and hospitality providers knowledge of activities and attractions within the Ballymena area and to encourage visitors to extend their stay in the region for the benefit of all. Front line staff from the Adair Arms and Galgorm Spa and Golf Resort are already lined up!
Activity, attraction and experiences businesses will have 5 minutes to introduce their tourism products to local accommodation and hospitality staff, in a number of one-to-one exchanges. Remember people sell people so they need to know who you are!
If you’d like to attend, please E: email@example.com by Monday 29 April at 5pm along with a 2-line description of your business.
Become a WorldHost Golf Ambassador
The 148th Open Royal Portrush
Portrush and the surrounding area is set to come alive from 14th to 21st July 2019. For the first time since 1951 The Open will take place in Royal Portrush. Many golf visitors will experience our world-famous links and stunning parklands for the first time.
Now is your chance to become a WorldHost Ambassador for golf and for the destination and to let us capitalise on our recent Lonely Planet accolade.
Sign-up for a half day programme hosted at one of our local venues, running in May 2019.
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council and Tourism NI have partnered to subsidise this training and it is now only £15 per delegate including lunch.
- A minimum number of 9 participants is required to run each session. In the event that your chosen session cannot take place, you will be contacted to be moved to an alternative date.
- These sessions at present are only open to those who live within the Mid and East Antrim Borough Council area.
Further sessions may take place in evenings and at weekends - to express an interest in this please contact: Zoe.Lindsay@midandeastantrim.gov.uk
Details of courses:
|9.30am - 2pm||Thursday 16 May 2019||Galgorm Spa and Golf Resort|
|9.30am - 2pm||Wednesday 22 May 2019||Cairndhu Golf Club, Larne|
|9.30am - 2pm||Thursday 30 May 2019||Whitehead Golf Club|
If you want to book or have any enquiries, please T: 028 2826 2453 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org