Tourism and Hospitality Industry Training
Please note the closing date for applications has been extended to 12 noon on Friday 30 October 2020.
'Storify my business' marketing programme - Tourism and Hospitality
Are you an existing tourism or hospitality business in Mid and East Antrim that caters for tourists?
Do you have a brand story to tell but don’t know how to put it into words or it needs a revamp?
Are you maximising your digital online presence?
Council wants our tourism and hospitality businesses to stand out in both local and international markets with the ‘Storify my business’ marketing programme. This programme will provide marketing support for up to 30 small sized tourism and hospitality businesses, which have been in operation for at least one year and are able to demonstrate the ability to sustain and grow their business. It will consist of:
Stage 1: Business ‘Storification’
Your business will work with content creation experts to:
- Discover and copy write your business brand story;
- Develop engaging content for your business website, discovernorthernireland.com, social media, press and promotional material with a sales focus;
- Photograph and video your experience to provide visual support to complement your brand story and content.
Overall Stage 1 outcomes:
- Copyrighting elements:
- Discover NI Listing
- About the Owner / About the Business
- Embrace a Giant Spirit experience description (if relevant)
- Press and media content
- Social media content
- Video content:
- Up to 2-minute business promotional video
- 30 second social media video
- Photography: Range of imagery featuring business and owner.
Stage 2: Digital Boost Programme OR Digital Skills and Innovation Programme *
Upon successful completion of Stage 1, you will have suitable marketing collateral to apply to the Digital Boost programme, operated by Economic Development. If successful, you will work with experts to:
- Undertake a digital audit of your digital presence including website and social media channels;
- Be trained to create future video footage for social media content plans;
- Consider online booking platforms for your business;
- Receive digital mentoring in areas relevant to your business with a view to enabling you to implement digital skills on an ongoing basis.
* Eligibility criteria applies for this part of the programme.
For more information or to obtain an application form please email: email@example.com. Council will consider all applications against qualifying criteria. Applicants must complete and submit the application form by 12 noon on Friday 30 October 2020.
This programme is funded by Mid and East Antrim Borough Council and participants will be required to make a £100 (plus VAT) contribution towards costs. You will also be required to sign up to a letter of commitment.
- Storify My Business - Letter of Commitment (pdf 336 KB)
- Storify My Business - Competition Application Form (pdf 727 KB)