Local Council Elections - Notice of Election
1. Elections are to be held for Councillors to serve on Mid and East Antrim Borough Council. In the event of a contest, a poll will be taken on 18 May 2023 and the hours of the poll will be from 7am to 10pm.
2. The number of Councillors to be elected for each District Electoral Area of the Council is as follows:
|District Electoral Area||Wards||Number to be elected|
3. Nomination papers may be delivered to Valerie Watts, the Deputy Returning Officer (DRO), at Mid and East Antrim Borough Council, The Braid, 1-29 Bridge Street Ballymena BT43 5EJ between 10am and 4pm on 12 April, 13 April, 14 April, 17 April, 18 April, 19 April, 20 April, 21 April and from 10am to 1pm on 24 April.
They may only be delivered by the candidate, proposer or seconder or by the election agent if the agent’s name and address have been given to the Deputy Returning Officer.
Candidates are encouraged to telephone the DRO to arrange an appointment.
4. Nomination papers may be downloaded from our Local Council Elections 2023 page or the Electoral Office website or obtained during normal office hours from the Deputy Returning Officer by either calling at the office or by telephoning 028 2563 5059 / 028 2563 5033.
5. Applications to vote by post or by proxy are available to download from the Electoral Office website.
Completed applications must reach the Electoral Office for NI, 15 Church Street, Belfast BT1 1ER by 5pm on 26 April 2023 except where the application is made on the grounds of unforeseen illness.
Any such application must reach the Absent Voting Unit by 5pm on 10 May 2023.
Dated: 11 April 2023
Note: Every person having a claim against the Deputy Returning Officer for any debt incurred by or on behalf of the Deputy Returning Officer for the purposes of an election shall, within forty two days after the day on which public notice is given of the result of the election, send to the Deputy Returning Officer detailed particulars in writing of such claim and the Deputy Returning Officer shall not be liable in respect of anything which is not duly stated in such particulars.