Covid-19 / Coronavirus Information
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, it has been necessary to change or suspend a number of our services to protect the health and safety of you, your family and our staff.
We apologise for the disruption and inconvenience this causes and thank you for your patience.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls, emails and images and our staff are working hard to resolve your query as quickly as possible.
See links below for council and community support and information.
Announcements on 1 April
The Executive discussed its ongoing implementation of the Pathway out of Restrictions, and ratified the following decisions coming into effect from 12 April:
- To permit all pupils to return to school
- To increase the number who can meet outdoors in a garden, from six to 10 (including children) from two households
- To remove the ‘stay at home’ provision in the legislation, moving to a ‘stay local’ and ‘work from home’ message;
- To allow contactless ‘click and collect’ for all non-essential retail; and
- To allow outdoor sports training to resume by sports clubs affiliated with recognised sports Governing Bodies, in small groups of up to 15 people but with all indoor spaces closed except essential toilet facilities
Ministers also agreed on a range of further relaxations, which will also come into effect on 12 April:
- To permit potential marriage and civil partnership customers to view the facilities of venues used for marriages and civil partnerships, such as hotels and other venues, restricted to a maximum of four customers per visit
To reopen outdoor retail, which comprises:
- New & Used Car Retailers
- Retailers of Light Motor Vehicles, Lorries & Trailers
- Retailers of Caravans or Motorhomes
- Retailers of Agricultural or Other Large Machinery
- Garden Centres, Plant Nurseries and
- Car Washes
- To extend the provision for up to 15 people (including coaches), as previously agreed, to also include structured outdoor sports training organised by clubs/individuals affiliated to recognised sports governing bodies or representative organisations for sport and physical activity.
- To increase the number permitted to attend marriages, civil partnerships and funerals, informed by a risk assessment for the venue.
The next formal review period is 15 April.
Visit NI Direct for more information.
|Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates|