Bins and Recycling
All bin collections are operating as normal.
Please note guidance below on bins and recycling.
Thank you to all our citizens for playing your part in ensuring our vital waste collections continue as normal at this time.
Guidance for Bin Presentation during COVID-19
To help us, please ensure you follow the guidance below:
- To help us continue to collect bins as normally as possible present them roadside/ kerbside/ at presentation point for 7.30am on your collection day (no side waste & lids closed)
- We would ask where cars are normally PARKED on roadside/ kerbsides could these please be moved temporarily on collection days. This will help our refuse vehicles & crews to pass through safely and ensure schedules are completed each day.
- Wash your hands before and after handling your wheelie bins.
- Put cloths, wipes and gloves used for cleaning the general waste bin.
- Do not put tissues directly in your bins
- Always disinfect the handles of your wheelie before and after collection.
Guidance for Box Presentation during COVID-19
- To help Bryson, please ensure you follow the guidance below:
- Do not put tissues in your recycling boxes - there are people sorting your waste, please respect their health and safety.
- Please wash your hands before and after leaving your recycling out and taking your boxes back in
- Please wash your hands before putting items in your boxes
- Please disinfect the handles and/or flaps of your boxes before and after putting out your recycling
Presentation of refuse & recycling while Self Isolating
- Place personal waste, used tissues, and disposable cleaning cloths or gloves in disposable rubbish bags.
- Put that bag into a second bag, tie them securely and kept separate from other waste for 72 hours before putting into your usual external general household waste bin.
- Also make sure to keep this waste away from children and pets.
- If anyone in your house has symptoms of COVID-19, please avoid putting boxes out for 72 hours after the two-week self-isolation period
- Do not put recycling out while you are self-isolating
Always remember to keep at least two metres (six feet) away from your waste collectors.
Bryson statement “We know these are unprecedented and challenging times for everyone, with many disruptions to everyday life. Bryson Recycling provides an essential service in removing recyclable waste from households and we are committed to delivering this service in the safest way possible through this crisis”.
There is a temporary disruption in red & black box kerbside collection service in Ballymena & Carrickfergus.
Bryson hopes to be up and running again as soon as possible.
What to do with your recycling in the meantime?
If your collection does not take place as normal please save up your recycling for your next collection.
Bryson apologises unreservedly for any inconvenience caused and trust that in these difficult times everyone understands and respects our need to provide this essential service safely.
Please watch out of regular updates via social media & our website.
It is recommended bulky items are retained/ stored until further notice. The bulky service can be requested and will be logged; however new requests for collections will not take place until it is safer to do so.
Requests for bulky collections can be logged via our online portal – available 24hrs per day/ 7 days per week:
Householders will appreciate the waste service is operating under extremely difficult conditions at present.
We would ask householders only to present additional bins they are currently approved for:
- Larger capacity bins/ 2 Bins due to number in the household
- Larger Capacity/ 2 bins due to medical conditions.
Our crews have a list of approved properties for these support services and refer to them during collection rounds.
With regard to side waste (loose or bagged) this cannot be collected due to the increase health and safety risks it presents for our collection crews.
Please ensure all waste is presented for collection within our bins/ boxes and not outside the containers.
Our crews are working extremely hard to maintain normal services at present. Your patience and consideration is appreciated.
Self-service options available online include:
- Enquiries regarding your assisted lift/ larger capacity collection
- Missed collections
- Lost or damaged bins/ replacement bins
During this time the following services may experience a delay in completion:
- Bulky Collections & Assessments
- Delivery of free bins (brown/ blue/ red & black boxes)
- Repairs to bins (non H&S related)
- Bin Purchases
Log onto Council Direct (Request for Service)
Waste Helpdesk is currently operated a skeleton service (Mon –Fri 9 to 5) Please note the voicemail service is not operational at this time. Out of hours, requests should be sent via e-mail or portal.
We appreciate your continued co-operation.
T: 0300 124 5000 (Option 0)
Household Recycling Centres - Closed
Further to Government Announcement, all Household Recycling Centres across the Borough are closed..
This is to ensure public safety in line with instructions outlined by the government; for non-essential travel/non-essential business/ social distancing measures.
Trade Waste Updates
Trade waste updates can be found here.
|Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates|