Council Sites and Services
The following sites are closed until further notice:
- Leisure Centres
- Play Parks
- ALL Community centres
- The Braid, Ballymena
- Mid-Antrim Museum
- Carrickfergus Museum
- Larne Museum & Arts Centre
- Ballymena Showgrounds
- Carnfunnock Caravan Site
- Carrickfergus Castle
- Bentra Golf Course Clubhouse
- The Gobbins (details below)
Play Parks and Parks
Due to serious concerns around the need for social distancing, all play parks in Mid and East Antrim are shut.
Signage will be erected at these sites and gates locked to prevent access.
The public must keep away from our play parks during this time and thank you for your continued support.
The following parks are open:
- People’s Park – Ballymena
- Ecos – Ballymena
- Town Park – Larne
- Shaftesbury Park - Carrickfergus
In line with government advice, members of the public can leave their homes ONCE A DAY for exercise. Please do not travel unnecessarily and only leave your home alone or with members of your household.
Gatherings of more than two people in parks or other public spaces are not permitted and police will enforce this rule.
If you are using our parks park, please keep at least two metres apart from anyone not in your household at all times, take necessary hygiene precautions and wash your hands when you get home.
Dog owners should only walk their pet on a lead and keep two metres away from other people and animals. Please do not use our parks if you or a member of your household is unwell or displaying any symptoms.
As of Saturday 25 April, cemeteries are open to the public from 10am to 4pm every day.
- Public health guidelines and advice will be signposted at all cemeteries, with staff present at our main graveyards.
- Council staff will control access during any burials to ensure the utmost respect and dignity for grieving families.
- Visitors should follow the strict guidelines on protecting public health by adhering to social distancing and staying at least two metres away from another person while attending a cemetery, unless with members of their own household.
- No one should visit a cemetery if they or a member of their household is experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the decision has been made to close The Gobbins Cliff Path. There will be no further tours and the Visitor Centre will be closed from Friday 20 March 2020, until further notice.
At this time, the health and wellbeing of our visitors and staff is of paramount importance and this decision has been made in line with the UK Government and Public Health Agency guidance.
If you have booked a tour, please contact the Guest Relations team to arrange a refund:
T: 028 9337 2318
Any tours that have been booked online will automatically be refunded within 7 days.
We would like to thank all our followers for your support and we look forward to showcasing this amazing experience again in the future, once the situation improves.
Our weekly markets will re-open from Saturday 23 May, beginning with Ballymena Weekly Market.
The following restrictions will apply:
- The markets are open for the sale of essential grocery items only (no car boot sales until further notice)
- Restricted opening hours are in operation until further notice – 9am to 12noon
- Pedestrians only
- A one-way system will be in place
- Social distancing measures to be observed at all times
- No toilets will be available for public use
- Please stay at home if you or a family member are suffering from Covid 19 symptoms