Council Sites and Services
The following sites are closed until further notice:
- Leisure Centres
- ALL Community centres
- The Braid, Ballymena
- Mid-Antrim Museum
- Carrickfergus Museum
- Larne Museum & Arts Centre
- Ballymena Showgrounds
- Carnfunnock Caravan Site
- Carrickfergus Castle
- Bentra Golf Course Clubhouse
- The Gobbins (details below)
Play Parks and Parks
Parks/Play Parks remain open at this time.
Please adhere to social distancing guidelines when using our Parks.
As of Saturday 25 April, cemeteries are open to the public from 10am to 4pm every day.
- Public health guidelines and advice will be signposted at all cemeteries, with staff present at our main graveyards.
- Council staff will control access during any burials to ensure the utmost respect and dignity for grieving families.
- Visitors should follow the strict guidelines on protecting public health by adhering to social distancing and staying at least two metres away from another person while attending a cemetery, unless with members of their own household.
- No one should visit a cemetery if they or a member of their household is experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus.
Due to the latest Covid-19 restrictions announced by the NI Executive, The Gobbins is closed.
If you have booked a tour, please contact the Guest Relations team to arrange a refund:
T: 028 9337 2318
Any tours that have been booked online will automatically be refunded within 7 days.
We would like to thank all our followers for your support and we look forward to showcasing this amazing experience again in the future, once the situation improves.
Our weekly markets will re-open from Saturday 23 May, beginning with Ballymena Weekly Market.
The following restrictions will apply:
- The markets are open for the sale of essential grocery items only (no car boot sales until further notice)
- Restricted opening hours are in operation until further notice – 9am to 12noon
- Pedestrians only
- A one-way system will be in place
- Social distancing measures to be observed at all times
- No toilets will be available for public use
- Please stay at home if you or a family member are suffering from Covid 19 symptoms