Advice & Guidance Information
NIDirect has information and guidance on Redundancy on their website including:
Make the Call
For employees affected by the closure of Wrightbus, call into your Jobs & Benefits Office to receive advice on benefit entitlement & help to find a new job.
The Make the Call team can also help - they can make sure you're getting all the benefits, services and supports you're entitled to. Make the Call on freephone T: 0800 232 1271.
Information and advice if looking for work
If you’re looking for a job, there is a wide range of advice on NIDirect.
From training programmes to careers guidance, including tips on writing your CV, you'll find useful practical information to help.
Develop your skills
Whether you’re a school leaver or someone looking to return to work, developing your skills can help you to gain confidence and the skills you need to get the job you want.
If you are changing jobs, getting some careers advice can help you take that next step into employment.
Visit your local Jobs and Benefits office
Advisors at your local Jobs and Benefits office can give you lots of help and support if you are looking for work. They can:
- help you to develop the skills and competence to become employable, if you are not 'job-ready'
- match you to suitable job opportunities
- administer Universal Credit, Jobseekers Allowance, Income Support and Incapacity Benefit in Jobs and Benefits Offices
Applying for jobs
Job hunting can be nerve-racking, but there are things you can do to get prepared:
- get your CV sorted and keep it up to date
- speak to the Careers Service or your local job centre
- read our advice on job application forms and interviews
You can find links below:
You’ll find more information on finding and applying for jobs on the following pages: