Everybody Active 2020
Everybody Active 2020 Small Grants Programme 2020-2021
Sport Northern Ireland’s Every Body Active 2020 Small Grants Programme will open on Monday 16 March 2020 (subject to funding).
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council invites applications for the Everybody Active 2020 Small Grants Scheme for projects taking place between 1 April 2020 and 28 February 2021.
The programme aims to prioritise investment in sports clubs, community groups, PTAs and governing bodies of sport, especially those based in areas of greatest need that will deliver increased sports participation.
Projects must demonstrate participation from priority groups including:
- Women and girls
- People with a disability;
- Those living in areas of greatest social need (specifically people living within the top 25% of wards designated by NI Multiple Deprivation Measure Index 2010)
- Projects that promote positive mental health and wellbeing and use sport and physical activity as a mechanism.
Council will consider up to 100% funding of total eligible costs up to a maximum of £2,500. Projects must be completed by 28 February 2021.
This scheme has received financial support from SportNI and the Department for Communities.
The scheme will operate on a rolling basis (subject to available budget).
How to apply
Before completing an application, applicants should make sure that they are eligible to apply and have read the guidance notes in full which can be downloaded below.
Applications can be made online at Council's Funding Hub. Manual applications can be requested by contacting the Grants Office on the contact details below and may be returned to any of the following Council buildings.
- Ballymena – Ardeevin, 80 Galgorm Road, Ballymena, BT42 1AB
- Larne – Smiley Buildings, Victoria Road, Larne, BT40 1RU
- Carrickfergus – Museum and Civic Centre, 11 Antrim Street, Carrickfergus, BT38 7DG
Further information on the grant process is available by contacting the Grants Office at:
T: 028 2563 3148 or
T: 028 9335 8240 or by email
Please note that applying for a grant is a competitive process and awards are subject to the availability of funds.
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council, as part of its duties under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998, is committed to equal opportunities and good relations and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All awards will be based strictly on the merit principle.
- Everybody Active Guidance Notes 2019/20 (pdf 632 KB)