Grant Support Scheme
Our Grants Support Scheme is now open for applications.
Grants Support Scheme
The scheme is open on rolling basis for the 2016/17 financial year, subject to the availability of budget.
The aim of the scheme will be to provide financial support through various grants categories for organisers of events as well as community groups, sports clubs, arts groups in the Borough undertaking projects which are of benefit to all of the citizens of Mid and East Antrim Borough area.
To qualify for a grant under the new scheme, applicants should be:
- A community organisation or voluntary group formally constituted with a current committee.
- An individual who has been selected to represent or compete at a minimum of Ulster level at a one-off event.
- Based in the Mid and East Antrim Borough area or provide a service that is of a clear and direct benefit within the Mid and East Antrim Borough Council area.
- Have a bank account in the name of the applicant organisation.
Grants are available towards community-based projects including:
- Setting up of New Groups
- Public Liability Insurance
- Community Events
- Civic Representation
- International Events (this category will open at 9am Monday 3 April 2017)
Before completing an application, applicants should make sure that they are eligible to apply and have read the guidance notes in full which can be downloaded below.
Applications can be made online at Council's Funding Hub. Manual applications can be requested by contacting the Grants Office on the contact details below and may be returned to any of the following Council buildings.
- Ballymena – Ardeevin, 80 Galgorm Road, Ballymena, BT42 1AB
- Larne – Smiley Buildings, Victoria Road, Larne, BT40 1RU
- Carrickfergus – Museum & Civic Centre, 11 Antrim Street, Carrickfergus, BT38 7DG
Further information on the grant process is available by contacting the Grants Office on T: 028 2563 3148 or 028 9335 8240 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applying for a grant is a competitive process and awards are subject to the availability of funds.
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council, as part of its duties under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998, is committed to equal opportunities and good relations and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All awards will be based strictly on the merit principle.