Grant Support Scheme
On 1 March 2016 our Grants Support Scheme opened for applications.
Grants Support Scheme
The scheme is open on rolling basis for the 2016/17 financial year, from the 1st March 2016, subject to the availability of budget.
The aim of the scheme will be to provide financial support through various grants categories for organisers of events as well as community groups, sports clubs, arts groups in the Borough undertaking projects which are of benefit to all of the citizens of Mid and East Antrim Borough area.
To qualify for a grant under the new scheme, applicants should be:
- A community organisation or voluntary group formally constituted with a current committee.
- An individual who has been selected to represent or compete at a minimum of Ulster level at a one-off event.
- Based in the Mid and East Antrim Borough area or provide a service that is of a clear and direct benefit within the Mid and East Antrim Borough Council area.
- Have a bank account in the name of the applicant organisation.
Grants are available towards community-based projects including:
- Setting up of New Groups
- Public Liability Insurance
- Audit of Community Group Accounts
- Community Events
- Civic Representation
- International Events (this category closed at 12pm Friday 15 April 2016)
For a list of the key dates throughout the year including closing dates and application decision dates is available to download. Please be advised that the ‘Estimated Decision By’ date works on the assumption that the complete application and supporting documents have been submitted by the Application Submission Deadline. These dates should be used as a guideline and not as a guaranteed decision date for any application. All dates stated are subject to change.
Before completing an application, applicants should make sure that they are eligible to apply and have read the guidance notes in full which can be downloaded below.
Applications can be made online at Council's Funding Hub. Manual applications can be requested by contacting the Grants Office on the contact details below and may be returned to any of the following Council buildings.
- Ballymena – Ardeevin, 80 Galgorm Road, Ballymena, BT42 1AB
- Larne – Smiley Buildings, Victoria Road, Larne, BT40 1RU
- Carrickfergus – Museum & Civic Centre, 11 Antrim Street, Carrickfergus, BT38 7DG
Further information on the grant process is available by contacting the Grants Office on T: 028 2563 3148 or 028 9335 8240 or E: email@example.com
Please note that applying for a grant is a competitive process and awards are subject to the availability of funds.
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council, as part of its duties under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998, is committed to equal opportunities and good relations and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All awards will be based strictly on the merit principle.