Prince’s Trust Development Awards
Development Award funding is currently available from the Prince’s Trust.
Please note this is NOT linked to Council in any way - for enquires please contact the Prince's Trust directly.
- Applications must be completed before the course start date
- Open to 16 - 30 year olds, who are not in education, training or employment
What are Development Awards?
Development Awards are grants of up to £500 to help young people who are struggling to access education, work or training due to a lack of funds. Please note that the average award is £200 and it is not possible to support every young person with a £500 grant.
Development Awards can be used to help with:
- Equipment for a course, job or work placement (e.g. hairdressing equipment, joinery tools, books)
- Course Fees
- Industry specific qualifications e.g. SIA License, Forklift License, CSR Card
- Workwear for a course, job or work placement (e.g. interview clothing, uniforms for college placements, mechanics clothing)
- Travel to a course or placement
In order to be eligible for a development award, young people should be aged 16 – 30 and unemployed, or working less than 16 hours. If they are in education, this should be less than 14 hours per week. Please note that applications can only be made for new courses the applicant intends to start.
Please note that the Prince's Trust cannot fund everyday living costs, courses at Level 4 or above, or any costs that are the responsibility of a statutory provider.
Applicants can visit the Prince’s Trust website or contact T: 028 9089 5031.