The following activities are NOT permitted in the Park and may incur fines or prosecution:
- Horse riding;
- Alcohol consumption (except in authorised areas e.g. private caravans)
- Use of scramblers, quads or electric scooters (except disabled scooters):
- As Carnfunnock Country Park is public land, the use of scramblers, quads or electric scooters, other than by disabled individuals, is not permitted. Anyone found riding one will be asked to remove it immediately. The PSNI advise that electric scooters must only be used on private property with the permission of the owner. Legally these scooters are defined as motor vehicles and are required to be roadworthy, registered with DVLNI and the rider needs a Driving Licence, Insurance and must wear a helmet.
- Smoking in any building or within any outdoor children’s activity area such as the adventure playground, multi activity area and family fun zone.
- Dropping litter:
- Under the Litter (Northern Ireland) Order 1994, it is a criminal offence to drop litter or dump rubbish. Anyone dropping or refusing to lift litter may be fined i.e. a £50 fixed penalty notice or a fine of up to £2,500 for more serious offences. Please note: cigarette butts and chewing gum are considered litter.
- Dog fouling