Gracehill Movarian Church
Known as ‘Unitas Fratum’, the Moravian Church began life in Moravia and Bohemia in 1457. Gracehill Moravian Settlement came into being when Br Anton Seiffert consecrated the foundation stone of the church on 12 March 1765. The church has a square clock turret, a central pulpit and interesting stained glass windows.
Together with the church building, the village itself comprises residential premises, many of them listed; a book shop; the local primary school; and the Old School which was recently very sympathetically restored and houses, amongst other things, a visitor facility and a restaurant.
The church, the Old School and the oldest houses are build around a square with tall lime trees and the famous 'Montgomery Oak'.
To compliment the 250-year-old church building, which is light and airy and an ideal place for worship, in 2006 Cennick Hall was opened to accommodate the church's many activities and provide community facilities.
A short walk beyond Cennick Hall leads to God's Acre, not just the burial ground of the chuch, but a have of peace and quiet.
25 Church Road