Hallowe’en at CarnfunnockSaturday 28 October 2017
Carnfunnock Country Park
Prepare to see strange sights as Larne’s mythical beings and legendary folk come to life on Saturday 28 October 2017, 2pm to 6pm.
Enter a world of myth and magic this Halloween at Carnfunnock Country Park, Larne.
You may be lucky enough to meet Li-ban the Mermaid, Giant Gobbin Saor or the elusive Lady Isobella of Ballygally! Dare to enter the Maze of Enchantment or visit the ghost camps of the Vikings and Celts preparing to battle for Larne Lough. A Fantastical fayre of arts, crafts and foodie delights will be on offer while you can listen to storytelling mummers tell tales of old. There will be arts and crafts, owls, and an enchanted carousel!
Come in disguise and take part in the fancy dress competition at 4.45pm in the Walled Garden. The competition is open to all ages.
Bring your Jack O lantern to help brighten up the afternoon and scare off the odd ghost! You can leave it for safe keeping with the Guardian of the Pumpkin Patch in the Walled Garden. The best lantern will win a prize.
The highlight of the afternoon will be the lighting of a special Halloween Beacon.
Remember this is an outdoor event so dress accordingly. If you choose to walk into the park from Drains Bay Car Park, use the path and bring a torch, as it may be getting dark from 6pm.
FREE PARK AND RIDE
- A free park and ride bus service sponsored by Translink and Caterpillar will operate from Caterpillar, Old Glenarm Road
- It will take you straight into the Park
- All buses are pram and wheel chair friendly
- Buses will run regularly from 1.30pm to 7pm
- Another bus will be in operation from Larne Bus Depot at 1.30pm, 2.30pm, and 3.30pm. The last bus for this service will leave the park at 7pm
- You will need a special ticket if you want to park in Carnfunnock Country Park for this event
- Vehicles will not be able to access to the park without this ticket
- Tickets are £5 limited to 1 per household
- A number of free blue badge holder tickets are available. Please remember to bring your Blue Badge with you when claiming your ticket
To get your ticket visit Larne Visitor Information Centre or call T: 028 2826 2495.
There will be an official photographer at the event. Anyone who appears in photographs agrees to do so by attending the event. If you are unhappy to be photographed please contact the Event Controller at the Visitor Centre on arrival to the site.