We collect certain information or data about you when you use midandeastantrim.gov.uk.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to midandeastantrim.gov.uk
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
- details to allow you to access council services and transactions, eg an email address (you’ll always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for)
This helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- provide you with information about local services if you want it
We can’t personally identify you using your data.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on our secure servers in the UK.
It may also be stored outside of Europe, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Payment transactions are always encrypted.
Disclosing your information
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
Links to other websites
midandeastantrim.gov.uk contains links to and from other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to midandeastantrim.gov.uk from another website
midandeastantrim.gov.uk puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
midandeastantrim.gov.uk's cookies aren’t used to identify you personally.
You’ll normally see a message on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
Find out more about how to manage cookies.
How cookies are used on midandeastantrim.gov.uk
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use midandeastantrim.gov.uk. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, eg improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on midandeastantrim.gov.uk
- how long you spend on each midandeastantrim.gov.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We don’t collect or store your personal information (eg your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
|_ga||This helps us count how many people visit midandeastantrim.gov.uk by tracking if you’ve visited before||2 years|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made||10 minutes|
|_utma||Like _ga, this lets us know if you’ve visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to midandeastantrim.gov.uk or to a certain page||2 years|
|_utmb||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on midandeastantrim.gov.uk||30 minutes|
|_utmc||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser||when you close your browser|
|_utmz||This tells us how you reached midandeastantrim.gov.uk (eg from another website or a search engine)||6 months|
|analytics_next_page_call||This lets us know the next page you visit on midandeastantrim.gov.uk, so we can make journeys better||when you close your browser|
|govuk_contact_referrer||This lets us know the last page you visited before using the contact midandeastantrim.gov.uk form||1 day|
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
Our introductory message
You may see a pop-up welcome message when you first visit midandeastantrim.gov.uk. We’ll store a cookie so that your computer knows you’ve seen it and knows not to show it again.
|seen_cookie_message||Saves a message to let us know that you’ve seen our cookie message||1 month|
We use YouTube to provide videos on some pages of the site. YouTube sets cookies when you visit one of these pages.
|_use_hitbox||This is a randomly generated number that identifies your browser||When you close your browser|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Lets Youtube count the views of embedded Youtube videos||9 months|