For bin collection arrangements over the Easter holidays please visit our bin collection page.

Roads and Street Lighting

Roads and Street Lighting

Do you need to report an issue with street lighting, traffic lights, grass verges or road conditions?

These are not under the control of council but we can direct you to the right online content at NI Direct.

Report an issue with a road sign or marking

Maintenance of road signs and markings on the public road is the responsibility of the Department for Infrastructure Roads (DfI Roads).

You can report an issue faded, damaged or missing road signs and markings online.

Roadside grass cutting and overgrown hedges or trees

Grass cutting on road verges is carried out by DfI Roads for road safety reasons only and not for any other purpose.

You can report an issue with overgrown grass verges, vegetation or overhanging trees.

Traffic lights and reporting a fault

DfI Roads is responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of traffic lights on public roads and streets across Northern Ireland.

Report a fault

Report a street light fault

DfI Roads is responsible for most street lights, traffic signs, bollards, and belisha beacons on public roads and streets across Northern Ireland. If you find a fault with any of these, you can report it to DfI Roads.

Warning: Damaged or faulty electrical equipment can cause serious injury or death. Do not touch it or interfere with it.

If you want to report a street light fault, you can do so online.