Social Media Rules
Our social media channels are an important tool for communicating with those that live, work or visit Mid & East Antrim.
Our channels will feature a variety of information from our own Council departments and partners, keeping you informed and up to date with what is happening across the borough of Mid & East Antrim.
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram TikTok YouTube
Council's staff who administer our social media channels are here to help in any way that we can, but we expect users to offer us the same level of courtesy that we offer them.
Our social media team will only be able to respond to messages or queries during office hours, Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Messages are not monitored outside of these hours or on Bank Holidays.
We try to read every message and answer queries when our social media team have the information at hand. If they don't, then we will either direct you to it or give you the contact details for the relevant department or officer.
If you need to report an problem/issue then we will direct you to the appropriate information or department.
We want our social media channels to be safe spaces and a place for healthy, open and insightful discussion, which is why we have a short set of house rules:
- We will remove, in whole or in part, posts that we feel are inappropriate, or discriminatory against any individual or group.
- You are wholly responsible for any content you post including content that you choose to share.
- We will remove messages and/or disable comments (where function allows) including reporting and/or blocking users on our social media channels who post messages at us which we believe are:
- bully, harass or intimidate any individual or organisation
- are unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- use hate speech or conspiracy theories which could be damaging to our communities
- infringe or violate someone else's rights
- violate the law
- discuss ongoing legal proceedings
- are spam
- advertise products or services
- are irrelevant or off-topic (e.g. if a post is about town markets, don't comment about a missed bin collection)
- are disruptive
- are repetitive
- are deemed to be political or electioneering
- We will also remove or ban any user who:
- continues to post comments such as those listed above
- encourages others to post such comments
- uses offensive images as their profile picture
- has an offensive user name.
Anyone repeatedly engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform. We will not tolerate or respond to abusive messages.
Our social media channels are not monitored 24/7 and therefore any emergency or weekend queries will not be responded to. If you have a general enquiry please contact email@example.com or T: 0300 124 5000.