Global Enterprise Week 2021
Global Entrepreneurship Week this year takes place between 8 - 14 November 2021 and is a collection activities, competitions and events, aimed at making it easier for anyone, anywhere to start and scale a company.
Global Entrepreneurship Week inspires millions each year to explore their potential while fostering connections and increasing collaboration within their ecosystems to empower entrepreneurs and strengthen communities.
We will be bringing you an exciting variety of FREE activities and events during Global Entrepreneurship Week. Keep an eye on this page for updates!
MEA Start Up and Innovate Competition – now open!
We promote local economic development through a range of interventions including the provision of mentoring support to start-ups, early stage and growing businesses.
To coincide with Global Entrepreneurship Week 2021, we are holding a competition to identify and recognise innovation exhibited by early stage micro-enterprises within the Borough.
Are you a MEA based micro enterprise (with 10 employees or less) in any sector that has been trading for no longer than 2 years (as of 1 November 2021)?
We are looking for micro enterprises that can demonstrate innovation resulting in positive outcomes such as:
- reduced environmental impacts / improved sustainability;
- effectively responding to market challenges resulting from the pandemic;
- reduced costs and / or increased profitability;
- introduction of new processes, products or services;
- successful entry into new markets.
What can my business win?
1st Place: £1,000 + specialist business mentoring + PR to raise the profile of your business.
2nd Place: £500 + specialist business mentoring.
3rd Place: £250 + specialist business mentoring.
Winners are expected to spend the prize money on developing their business. Applicants will be asked how they propose to spend the first prize of £1,000 as part of the selection process.
- Request an entry form from email@example.com and submit before the deadline, which is 5pm Sunday 24 October.
- Complete the self-assessment at www.innovateni.com before the deadline, which is 5pm Sunday 24 October.
- Six entries will be shortlisted and invited to pitch to the selection panel.
- Winners will be announced during Global Entrepreneurship Week.
- Entrants must first complete the Innovate NI self-assessment and be recognised as at least a Silver Level Innovator by 5pm Sunday 24 October.
- Completed application forms must be received by 5pm Sunday 24 October.
- Open to businesses based in the Mid and East Antrim Borough Council area with 10 or fewer employees which have been trading for no more than 2 years at 1 November 2021.
- You must be over 18 years of age at 1 November 2021.
- Entrants must be able and available to participate in the online pitching session tbc w/c 1st November
- One entry per business / individual.
- Applications must be complete and accurate. Incomplete entries will not be assessed.
The panel will select prize winners following the online pitching session (w/c 1 November 2021), the winner must be available to participate in PR activity, likely to be during Global Entrepreneurship Week (8 to 14 November 2021) prior to announcing winners.