Plastic Declaration Document guidance
* NB Must submit declaration at least 2 working days in advance of arrival and submit a separate declaration for each consignment
1. Reference Number -
2. Declared Point of entry - You should email the prenotification to the district council at the point of entry (POE) where your consignment will be entering NI. The email address for consignments entering Northern Ireland through Larne Port is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Name and Full address of natural or legal person issuing the Declaration –The legal requirement is for the IMPORTER to complete the Declaration form. This section should contain details of an individual from the importing organisation who is authorised to sign such documents on behalf of their company. The details in this section should match the details in signatory section.
4. Name and address of business operator which manufactures the plastic kitchenware - enter the details of the manufacturer(s) in China / Hong Kong of the plastic kitchenware. This organisation is responsible for ensuring that the requirements of plastic regulations are met during the manufacturing process for products to be placed on the EU market.
5. Name and address of the business operator responsible for the first introduction in the EU/UK of the consignment – enter the details of the organisation responsible for importing the goods into the EU/UK. This organisation is responsible for ensuring the plastic kitchenware it imports into the /UKEU complies with the regulations on food contact materials. This may or may not be the same organisation as the importer.
6. Identification code of the consignment – enter the specific CN code for the consignment taken from the commercial invoice eg bill of lading number.
7. Enter the country of Origin – the country of origin must be entered due to the specific conditions for the import of polyamide and of melamine plastic kitchenware originating in or consigned from China and Hong Kong into Northern Ireland (NI).
8. Enter the container No. of the consignment - Enter details (container number/seal details) of the container for the consignment covered by this Declaration.
9. Type and number of articles in the consignment:
Type - Enter details of the plastic products covered by this Declaration E.g. Children’s melamine sets, Nylon kitchen utensils – serving spoons, pasta servers, fish slices. Details of each product covered by the declaration must be entered. Quantity – enter the total number of cartons / packages of product covered by this Declaration and the number of items per carton.
10. Declaration on type of kitchenware in consignment – select the correct material of the products entered in the Type section. This can be either polyamide or melamine.
Polyamide - enter the limit of detection for the analysis method used (this information should be available on the analytical test documentation). Copies of the Analytical test/s and commercial documentation (copy bill of lading, invoice & packing list) should be submitted to the Authority with the Declaration. The analytical test documents should give details of the results of test/s carried out and a description of the method of analysis.
Melamine - Copies of the Analytical test/s and commercial documentation (copy bill of lading, invoice & packing list) should be submitted to the Authority with the Declaration. The analytical test documents should give details of the results of test/s carried out and a description of the method of analysis.
11. List of Documents annexed – provide details of the analytical test document/s included with the declaration. It is not necessary to include details of commercial paperwork (bill of lading, invoice, packing list) submitted with the Declaration in this section.
12. Signatory Section – enter details of:
- the place (town / city) where the signatory has completed / signed the Declaration,
- the date the Declaration was completed,
- the name of the person signing the Declaration and their full address / contact details.
Note: - The signature box remains blank for the pre-notification stage. The Legislation requires the IMPORTER to sign Declaration documents submitted to us. The Importer is the business operator importing the goods into the EU. This operator takes the responsibility for ensuring the requirements of plastics regulations and in particular the requirements of Regulation 284/2011 covering the Chinese & Hong Kong kitchenware are met.
13. Competent Authority Declaration – leave blank – this is for completion by the verifying Authority on completion of the checks.
Validation and Submission
- The declaration may be saved at any point during completion; this will not allocate a reference number or submit it to the declared point of entry.
- Once the form has been fully completed it may be submitted.
- Validation is undertaken on submission and any errors in the information required will be identified.
- On submission a reference number will be allocated, and the declared point of entry notified.
- The declaration should be printed, signed and forwarded to the relevant declared point of entry with the relevant supporting commercial documents and analytical reports. A Declaration bearing the original signature of the importer is required