We lead by example to reduce the impact of council services on the environment.
(To read Council's Environmental Reports visit our Climate / Sustainability / Environment Reporting section.)
In maintaining its responsibility to provide high quality services, Mid and East Antrim Borough Council recognises environmental management to be of equal importance to other prime management considerations. As such, we acknowledge that our activities and services impact, directly and indirectly, on the environment. In this respect, Mid and East Antrim Borough Council accepts its obligation to minimise its environmental impacts through co-ordinated environmental management.
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council is committed to:
- Preventing pollution through efficient energy management, waste minimisation and efficient resource consumption;
- Responsible plastic management;
- Promoting environmental improvements throughout our Borough;
- Complying with relevant environmental legislation, regulations and appropriate sector best practice initiatives;
- Continual environmental performance improvement through setting and achieving realistic objectives and targets;
- Communicating this policy to all employees and those who work on our behalf; and
- Making this environmental policy available to interested parties, on request.
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council will implement and review this policy within the framework of a systematic environmental management system.