Request help with your bin collection
Support Services we offer for bin collections:
Assisted Lift/ Collect & Return
If you're physically unable to leave your bin out for collection and have no-one to do it for you, you can apply for our free assisted bin lift service.
This means our refuse collection staff will take the bin from your property, empty it and then return it to your home.
Larger Capacity Bin Collections
If you require additional waste capacity due to medical needs or a large family.
Larger Capacity – Households with more than 6 / 9 or medical conditions which create additional non-recyclable waste are currently eligible for up to 480L residual capacity.
To apply for either/both of these services:
- Download a form (by clicking here or at the download link below) and return to email@example.com
- Log onto Council Direct (Request for Service) and select the relevant option under Support Services and a form can be emailed out to you
- Alternatively, call our Waste helpdesk on T: 0300 124 5000 (0) and our advisors can post out a form.
- A member of the Waste Operations Team will be in touch to undertake an assessment of your needs.
- We'll process your request and confirm if you are eligible.
(Please note this can take up to 10 working days from date of request).
- If you are eligible, we'll add you to our assisted bin lift/ larger capacity register and notify you of this provision.
- Householders can find more information about larger capacity on our Bins & Recycling FAQs page.
Waste Support Services Reviews
Our Waste Support Services will be reviewed regularly to ensure residents still require either assisted lifts or larger capacity bin collections.
The reviews will ensure council manage and maintain the most accurate and up to date householder information regarding specific waste service needs.
For any queries householders have about completing or returning the form please do not hesitate to contact our Helpdesk on T: 0300 124 5000 (0).