Mid & East Antrim is seeking YOUTH VOICE members to represent the voices of young people across the Mid & East Antrim Council area.
Young People aged 16 – 21 years who live in the Mid & East Antrim Council area are invited to apply to be part of the YouthVoice.
This 2-year programme will be managed by Mid & East Antrim Council in Partnership with the Education Authority Youth Service along with other statutory bodies.
The Youth Voice will provide young people the opportunity to:
- Engage with key decision makers,
- Have their say on local issues,
- Meet new friends
- Be a representative voice for young people in their area.
- Be involved and pro-actively engaged with local decision-making processes
The YouthVoice will meet on a weekly basis to identify and take forward common issues relating to young people in the local area along with opportunities for residentials and to participate in study visits to UK or Ireland.
Everyone is invited to apply regardless of background, abilities or interests.
We require representatives from right across the geographical spread and underrepresented groups to ensure the diverse needs of young people in the area are heard.
This 2 year timeline illustrates the programme for the Youth Voice.
- Recruitment opens across area
- Representatives of Community including Section 75
- Capacity Building Day
- Introduction of Youth Voice and launch
- Training workshops and residential
- Four meeting a month: Formal, Interested Groups, Localised Area, VLE
- Senior Youth Officer (local) and Council biannual meetings
- Study Visit (UK or Ireland)
- Consultation: assessment of need with young people in the area
- Campaign: Social Action Programme
- Celebration: An event to recognise achievements
- Review: Evaluation and Review of progress