There are 3 weekly markets in Mid and East Antrim which are run by, or in association with, Council.
Our weekly markets have now re-opened with the following restrictions in place:
- The markets are open for the sale of goods from stalls only (no car boot sales until further notice)
- No public access to Market Yard buildings, Larne
- Pedestrians only
- A one-way system will be in place
- Social distancing measures to be observed at all times
- No toilets will be available for public use
- Please stay at home if you or a family member are suffering from Covid 19 symptoms
Each market offers a wide variety of goods - from household goods, plants, clothing, giftware and a range of local food produce.
Our markets are a great opportunity to shop fresh local produce and support local traders.
When and where?
Larne Market Yard, every Wednesday from 8am to 1pm
Joymount car park, every Thursday from 8am to 2pm
Seven Towers Leisure Centre car park, every Saturday from 7am to 2pm
If you would be interested in trading at any Mid and East Antrim Borough’s markets please contact:
Map of Market locations
Why not visit one of your local markets….
For further information please contact Parks and Open Spaces Development Team on T: 028 9335 8279
Meet your market traders
From potatoes to preserves and freshly caught fish to second-hand books, your local market is a cornucopia of goods worth exploring.
Here are just some of the stallholders waiting to greet you.
- 01 Krazi Bakers - Anything that can be baked on a griddle, Mark Douglas does it - from soda farls to potato and apple cakes to fluffy pancakes. Winner of two Great Taste Awards.
- 02 Miles McComb - Making custom-made furniture and gifts in wood for seven or eight years.
- 03 Magi Delahay Preserves - Trading at the market for two years. Most of Magi’s ingredients are grown at Eden allotments, Carrickfergus. Spicy plum and port are one of her best-selling preserves.
- 04 McMaster’s Home Reared Beef - Multi-award-winning local butchers based in Whitehead, and trading from Carrickfergus market. With 30 years of experience in the trade, all of their produce is hand-reared on the family farm.
- 05 Moira Hutchinson and her dog, Bailie - Moira and Bailie sell a range of second-hand items and all proceeds go to local animal charities. They have raised over £50,000 through their weekly attendance at Larne Market.
- 06 David Speers - David has been selling locally produced fruit and veg in Larne, Carrick and Ballymena markets for over 20 years. All local produce.
- 07 Barbara Ann’s Traditional Home Bakery - Trading at Larne market since 2008. Specialises in home-baked goods.