Statement of Community Involvement
The Planning Act (Northern Ireland) 2011 requires our Council to publish a Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) to explain how people can become involved in the planning process.
This mainly includes the following planning functions for which Council has responsibility:
- Preparation of the Local Development Plan (LDP)
- Determination of planning applications
- Enforcement against unauthorised development
The Council’s approach to community involvement aims to provide:
- The opportunity to comment on planning applications or make representations to proposals contained in the LDP at an early stage;
- Fair, transparent and proportionate consultation appropriate to the scale of proposals;
- Access to clear and timely information with documents available in various formats, as requested.