The Council has undertaken a major efficiencies review to minimise the recent rates increase locally and any additional financial burden on our citizens and businesses. However, significant pressures regarding soaring energy, fuel, staffing and general costs have resulted in the need for some changes to the operation of our leisure centres.
We are contacting leisure users directly to inform them that all three Council-run centres will close one hour earlier Monday to Friday. Reluctantly, we will also increase our usage fees by 10%, effective 1 April 2023. This is our first increase in several years and we have worked hard to minimise this increase.
Our discounted offers – such as those available through monthly and family memberships – continue and our pricing remains very favourable compared to competitors. We thank our citizens for their understanding.
We are currently installing new gym equipment in our centres so users have access to the very best facilities, and this work will be completed soon.
- Go to GetMEActive
- Scroll down to ‘join online’
- Select ‘join online’
- If you are a casual user - select ‘sign up’
- For members - select register + link
- Download the MEActive app after completing all the above steps to book your activity
- If you have any problems getting registered please email MEActive@midandeastantrim.gov.uk for assistance.
Leisure Centre Pay as You Go Prices
Seven Towers Leisure Centre, Ballymena
Amphitheatre Wellness Centre, Carrickfergus