Carrickfergus Old Town Records 1569-1747
Carrickfergus Museum is delighted to host a digital version of the town's oldest available records, the originals of which were lost in the early 1800s.
Fortunately, Richard Dobbs, Dean of Connor and Rector of the Parish of Carrickfergus had copied them in 1785, and that copy is now in the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (catalogue reference number T707/1).
With the agreement of PRONI's Deputy Keeper, J S Logan arranged for Margaret Clarke to make a typescript copy in 1982. That copy has been scanned and digitized and is now presented here with permission.