Due to strong winds and rain today, Tuesday 7 December, please ensure bins and kerbie boxes once emptied are returned to a sheltered area wherever possible.
Carnfunnock Country Park is packed full of exciting and unusual attractions to see and do, with over 191 hectares of mixed woodland, colourful gardens, walking trails and coastline, not forgetting its spectacular panoramic views of the Antrim Coast and North Channel.
Location: Carnfunnock Front Veranda at the Visitor Centre
For all ages!
Duration: 10 minutes
Santa and his elves will be at Carnfunnock from Saturday 18 December to Sunday 19 December 2021, each day from 10.00am-3.00pm.
Access to Santa’s grotto to talk with and visit Santa and two of his most experienced North Pole Elves.
A small gift is included for all ages. Children aged 4+ will also receive a naughty elf trail map. The Trail Map takes you on a route through the country park to find clues and fill in the answers on the sheet. Find our naughty Carnfunnock Elf, Ernie and all his friends hiding in the trees along the way. Can you count how many naughty elves are hiding on the route? Return your answer sheet to Parklands Café at Carnfunnock for a FREE small hot chocolate. (One FREE small hot chocolate per returned answer sheet). Extra trail maps can also be bought for £1 each on the day.
This Christmas experience offers kids and adults alike the chance to see Santa in his natural habitat and to take in the sights and walks of our wonderful country park during the winter season.
The experience begins at the Visitor Centre front veranda, where staff at the Grotto entrance door will meet you for your booked timeslot.
Please make sure to arrive on time, as slots cannot be held.
• Parklands Café at the Visitor Centre, offer hot food, drinks and snacks (Please check opening times)
• Public toilets are located at the Visitor Centre
• We have lots of open space and picnic tables within the 191-hectare country park
• FREE parking is available within Carnfunnock Country Park during December and at Carnfunnock Bay and Drains Bay, which are both within walking distance of the country park
• Well behaved pets are welcome. Please note – dogs are to be kept on a lead and under control at all times. (Dogs cannot enter the indoor Grotto).
• Please take as many photos as you like, we encourage selfies in the grotto and staff will be on hand to take family shots if needed.
• Please remember to have your booking confirmation with you, either printed or on your mobile
• Upon arrival, make your way to the Front Veranda at the Visitor Centre for your time slot
• The trail sheet begins just outside the Visitor Centre, after the grotto visit
• Please dress appropriately for varying weather conditions; wellies are advisable for the walks and trails
• Larger prams or wheelchairs are NOT suitable on the trails
• The paths on the trail can be steep and rough underfoot in places