Bins and Recycling
- Household Recycling Centres
- Bring Centres
- Recycling Bins and Boxes
- Bin Collection Dates
- Bin Presentation
- Missed Collections
- Food Waste Collections
- Bulky Lift Request
- Order a new bin
- Request help with your bin collection
- Bin-Ovation App
- Uniform Exchange
- Bins and Recycling FAQs
- New bin collections FAQs
- Sport and Leisure
- Births, Deaths, Marriages and Civil Partnerships
- Dogs and Animal Welfare
- Environmental Health
- Community Centres
- Grants and Funding
- Health and Wellbeing
- Policing and Community Safety Partnership
- Community Planning
- Peace IV Programme
- Good Relations
- Planning and Building Control
- Car Parking
- When is the Recycling Centre open?
- When will my bin be collected?
- How can I make a bulk lift request?
- How can I get a dog license?
- When is the local leisure centre open?
- Where can I find out about upcoming events?
- How can I apply for a job?
- How can I report an issue with a local road, footpath or streetlight?
- Public Information
- Neighbourhood Renewal
All bins/recycling containers to be presented by 7.30am for collection.
All bins are to have closed lids and no additional side waste will be collected except in exceptional circumstances (adverse weather, vehicle breakdown, road closures)
A residual waste collection is provided on a fortnightly collection.
Items that don't go into the black bin are as follows:
- Garden waste (put into your Brown bin)
- DIY waste (e.g. rubble, paint cans, plasterboard) - (take to your local Household Recycling Centre)
- Recyclables - these go into either your Blue bin (Larne only) or into your Kerbside boxes (Ballymena and Carrickfergus)
- Food waste - (put into your Brown bin)
To purchase a new black bin go to our Order a new bin page.