All bins/recycling containers to be presented by 7.30am for collection.
All bins are to have closed lids and no additional side waste will be collected except in exceptional circumstances (adverse weather, vehicle breakdown, road closures)
A residual waste collection is provided on a fortnightly collection.
Items that can go into the black bin are as follows:
- Pet droppings/ litter
- Plastic bags
- Toothpaste tubes
- Pringles tubes
- Soft plastic e.g. bread packaging
Items that don't go into the black bin are as follows:
- Garden waste (put into your Brown bin)
- DIY waste (e.g. rubble, paint cans, plasterboard) - (take to your local Household Recycling Centre)
- Recyclables - these go into either your Blue bin (Larne only) or into your Kerbside boxes (Ballymena and Carrickfergus)
- Food waste - (put into your Brown bin)
To purchase a new black bin go to our Order a new bin page.